Product Manager (Auto Crane) – Tulsa, OK
Product line Stewardship for the Auto Crane portfolio of products, to include the development of initial product pricing, marketing assistance and estimated annual usages in a pre- and post-product development environment by performing the following duties:
- Guides research into market potential with the commercial team and establishes pricing and market strategies and helps estimate potential sales for core products.
- Helps define marketing target audience and recommends promotional activities to the DSM and MM, to include publicizing strategic products through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels.
- Provides day to day financial monitoring and oversight of the product line and works with Engineering and Procurement teams on cost-reduction strategies. Provides key input to portions of the company business plan to help drive profitable growth.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates New Product Development programs to ensure accomplishment of financial/budgetary goals and optimum allocation of resources.
- Manages resources to execute assigned programs. Coordinates mature product phase-out timing with Procurement and Commercial team at end of product life cycle.
- Conducts pre-contract liaison with specialty product vendors and may participate in negotiating with key vendors/customers regarding contract terms and conditions.
- Coordinates and manages Auto Crane University programs and works within the organization with a wide range of individuals to plan agendas and training activities.
- Reviews potential changes in scope of contracts and advises management and customer-facing team of potential impacts that require external communication.
- Coordinates product introduction and market exploitation with marketing and sales organizations to ensure maximum penetration of targeted market segment.
- Provides continuing product surveillance and management of established products to obtain financial objectives and stays in tune with the competitive product landscape.
- Manages the Commercial team aspect of the RFE/ECN process and interacts with internal stakeholders as needed regularly.
This position does not supervise any employees.
Education and Experience
Business, Finance or Marketing Degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience and a history of successful product line management. Relevant work experience in similar roles will be considered.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely to senior leadership.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features, and drive management of product line.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Collaborative working style. Must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and balance workload while leading.
- Works well with other disciplines, can speak, work with, support and understand operations, marketing, sales, customers, suppliers, engineers, across all levels, production through executive management.
- Able to define clear, measurable objectives, and monitor progress against them.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, to include full weeks away in support of trade shows.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) and Internet Explorer applications.
To see the complete job description, please click here to download.
To apply for this role, please email your resume to Resume@ramseyindustries.com.