Prepares metal surfaces for paint by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – includes the following, but others may be assigned
- Transports carts containing parts to/from paint prep area or to staging area for painters or hangs parts on the conveyor line.
- Applies thinner and cleaning agents using rags to raw metal to clean the surface.
- Applies masking to articles where paint should not be applied.
- Sprays primer or undercoating on parts.
- Dries parts prior to paint application using air gun.
- Exercises caution and wears protective equipment while utilizing hazardous chemicals.
- Buffs or grinds rough edges to prepare surfaces for paint.
- Applies caulking to surfaces as needed.
- Conducts all activities in a safe manner following company safety policies and MSDS requirements.
- Cleans paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyor hooks or grid, and from disks, cones, spray heads, and hoses as needed.
- Employee is responsible for making sure all product has proper identification prior to moving between processes and including to or from the warehouse storage area. All material needs to have proper identification, no exceptions.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or one to three months related experience or training.
- Safety and Security
|Percentage of Work Time
|1% to 33%
|34% to 66%
|67% to 100%
|Using arm muscles frequently or for extended periods
|Using leg muscles frequently or for extended periods
|Using back muscles frequently or for extended periods
|5-20 pounds frequently
|30-50 pounds frequently
|50-100 pounds frequently
|Working in hot/cold surroundings
|Working with or near chemicals
|Working with hand tools
|Endurance to perform tasks over long periods of work hours
|Repetitive rapid hand movement
|Manual dexterity with both hands