Material Handler 1
|Job Title:||Material Handler 1||Prepared By:||Human Resources|
|Reports to:||Director of Operations||Approved By:|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Approved Date:|
Receive, unpack, verify and record incoming merchandise or material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – includes the following, but others may be assigned
- Accepts and signs for deliveries.
- Examines shipment contents and compares with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Maintains records of all received shipments.
- Prepares documents, such as placards, to route materials.
- Unpacks consolidated shipment deliveries and distributes contents to the right warehouse locations.
- Confers or corresponds with operations or quality, to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Uses dollies, forklifts, and other moving equipment to move material.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equipment combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Possesses basic math skills.
- Interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, and optimism for work activities. This includes the willingness to take ownership for work activities.
- Identify problems and assist to resolution.
- Is capable of operating forklifts and other equipment needed to move shipments.
- Demonstrates awareness of proper safety procedures.
- Ability to use the computer and web-based systems to input, access, modify, or output information.
|Percentage of Work Time|
|Item||1% to 33%||34% to 66%||67% to 100%|
|Using arm muscles frequently or for extended periods||X|
|Using leg muscles frequently or for extended periods||X|
|Endurance to perform tasks over long periods of work hours||X|
|Repetitive rapid hand movement||X|
|Manual dexterity with both hands||X|