|Job Title:||Design Engineer||Prepared By:||Human Resources|
|Reports to:||Lead Engineer||Approved By:||Engineering|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt||Approved Date:||5/15/2015|
Design components and systems for development of mechanical or electromechanical products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – includes the following, but others may be assigned
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Determines feasibility of designing new products or modifying existing products considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with research and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to developments of systems or other uses.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year College or University and a minimum of ten years related engineering experience.
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Written and Oral Communication
- Quality Management
- Business Acumen
- Cost Consciousness
- Strategic Thinking
Knowledge of Solid Works Design software; Auto Cad experience; Oracle Manufacturing software preferred; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
|PERCENTAGE OF WORK TIME||1 – 33%||34 – 66%||67 – 100%|
|Using arm muscles frequently or for extended periods||X|
|Using leg muscles frequently or for extended periods||X|
|Using back muscles frequently or for extended periods||X|
|5-20 pounds frequently||X|
|30-50 pounds frequently||X|
|50-100 pounds frequently||X|
|Working in hot/cold surroundings||X|
|Working with or near chemicals||X|
|Working with hand tools||X|
|Endurance to perform tasks over long periods of work hours||X|
|Repetitive rapid hand movement||X|
|Manual dexterity with both hands||X|