Design Engineer (Eskridge) – Olathe, KS
Designs and directs the development of mechanical components, products, or plant systems.
- Design spur gears, bearing systems, shafts, splines, castings, and brakes.
- Analyze performance requirements and specify an existing product, or develop a new product, to meet requirements of an application.
- Perform load and fatigue analysis on designs.
- Uses finite element software to analyze designs.
- Prepare cost estimates for products.
- Analyze, design and prepare or directs the preparation of detailed drawings, bills of materials, component routing and customer documentation.
- Ability to understand and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances.
- Confer with manufacturing employees to implement operating procedures, resolve issues, and provide technical information and assistance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new developments, techniques, and product in the industry.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in mechanical engineering or other technical degree and up to five years related experience and/or training.
- 3D design software, preferably Autodesk Inventor
- Design data management software, preferably Autodesk Vault
- ANSYS Finite Element or equivalent
- Profit Key ERP System or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Adobe Suite Software
- Experience in design and application of mechanical machinery; gearbox design preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical analysis competencies and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to design and/or redesign products to ensure they meet performance, quality, manufacturing, and cost requirements for standard and/or custom products.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
To apply for this role, please email your resume to Resume@ramseyindustries.com.