Assembler 1 – Bodies
|Job Title:||Assembler 1||Prepared By:||Human Resources|
|Department:||AC Bodies||Prepared Date:|
|Reports to:||Operations Manager||Approved By:|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Approved Date:|
The Body Assembler 1 installs body components according to blueprints and Bill of Materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – includes the following, but others may be assigned
- Attach door hinge, handle, gasket, door shock, master lock, and light to body.
- Install boom support, toolbox, tailgate, and headache rack as specified by customer.
- Utilize pneumatic and hand tool to assist with building product such as ratchets, wrench, screwdriver, and socket.
- Utilize computer to access the BOM in Oracle to know what part is needed for a body.
- An employee is responsible for making sure all product has proper identification prior to moving between processes and including to or from the warehouse storage area. Product must include one of the following forms of identification including, job or sales order, bill of material, routing sheet, Kanban card, placard with part number noting product etc. All material needs to have proper identification, no exceptions.
Education and Experience
Six months of mechanical assembly experience and/or training.
- Problem Solving
- Cost Consciousness
- An individual should have knowledge of Oracle Order processing systems.
|Percentage of Work Time|
|Item||1% to 33%||34% to 66%||67% to 100%|
|Using arm muscles frequently or for extended periods||X|
|Using leg muscles frequently or for extended periods||X|
|Using back muscles frequently or for extended periods||X|
|5-20 pounds frequently||X|
|30-50 pounds frequently||X|
|50-100 pounds frequently||X|
|Working in hot/cold surroundings||X|
|Working with or near chemicals||X|
|Working with hand tools||X|
|Endurance to perform tasks over long periods of work hours||X|
|Repetitive rapid hand movement||X|
|Manual dexterity with both hands||X|